The Twilight Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Those Who Are CRAZY About Twilight

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twi-Randoms: A Game of Blanks and What-Ifs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mypersonalsun
Head of Werewolf Hall
Head of Werewolf Hall

Twi-Randoms: A Game of Blanks and What-Ifs Empty
PostSubject: Twi-Randoms: A Game of Blanks and What-Ifs   Twi-Randoms: A Game of Blanks and What-Ifs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 pm

If you've ever played MadLibs, you know how hilarious leaving your subject up to chance can be. But what happens when you leave several blanks, and throw in some Twilight characters for good measure? It may take a while to grasp the concept of this game, but it's extremely fun to play and will make everyone else laugh as well.

This game can really be played with any characters from any fandom, or even with real people's names, but for the sake of this site, we'll keep it Twilight-related. This game requires paper and a writing utensil (or a keyboard Razz) and imagination. It only requires YOU to play, so it's a fun way to fill time or think of ideas.

Start out by making a list of questions for different scenarios, which can be as serious or as silly as you want. The only catch is, you must leave the names of the characters involved out, replacing with numbers.

Example: 5 has decided to turn 7 into a vampire, but 1 objects. Why does 1 object, and what kind of problems will this cause? Will 7 become a vampire?

^That example was pretty in-depth. Sometimes it's more fun to do something simpler like an idea for a scene.

Example: Write a scene where 9 breaks up with 4.

You can write as many of these prompts/questions as you want, but I usually do ten to give myself a good even number, and a chance to use all the numbers 1-10.
The next step is even simpler than the first. Make a list labeled 1-10 and insert random Twilight character names. Then, return to your questions and insert the names of the Twilight characters with the corresponding number. For example, if on my list I placed Jasper at spot number 9 and Carlisle at spot number 4, then I would have to write a scene in which Jasper breaks up with Carlisle. This is the fun part, because it doesn't have to be serious. It doesn't even have to make sense. The point is to exercise your imagination and have a good laugh while you're at it.

This board will be the place to start your own topic and put your questions up, along with your numbered list and your answers. You can even go to others' threads, make a new numbered list, and answer their questions! Try your hand at it and see how things turn out. To make it more fun, you can even add yourself into your numbered list and interact with your favorite Twilight characters!

Hope you have fun, and hope it breaks up any writer's block that is looming before you Razz
Back to top Go down

Twi-Randoms: A Game of Blanks and What-Ifs
Page 1 of 1